Entry to Employment: What will you take from the course?
To many young people leaving school at 16 or 18, going to University is not their preferred route. In order to maximize their job chances in a difficult economic climate Treejumpers Outdoor Academy is running their Pathfinders entry into employment skills camp.
This is not a cramming school, rather it is an outdoor residential that enables participants to build up a bank of experiences that they can deploy to complete application forms and stand out from the crowd during interviews.
In particular you will:
- Develop a bank of skills and experiences to help demonstrate your aptitude for the world of work.
- Complete a Sports Leaders UK award in Community Sports Leadership to further demonstrate leadership and communication skills. Level 1 requires 30 hours guided learning and 10 hours voluntary community work and Level 2 requires 35 guided learning hours and 10 hours volunteering.
- We can facilitate the volunteering commitment within our other holiday camps.
- Learn to critique and teach others, a core skill for most employees.
- Learn how to build trusting relationships quickly. People who don't previously know each other being able to generate trust genuinely and rapidly whilst in high-pressure situations.
- Learn how to lead teams and be able to be led by others.
- In particular the camps will help participants develop the '7 survival skills for the 21st Century. (Wagner, Harvard 2008)
The 7 survival skills for the 21st century
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurship
- Effective oral and written communication
- Accessing and analysing information
- Curiosity and imagination.
During each of the activities our instructors will facilitate
reflection and feedback sessions ensuring each participant can see
how the skills and experiences they are developing are directly
transferable onto application forms and into interview
Download an example programme
Course dates and cost:
Dates: 10th - 13th April 2013.
Cost: £300 per person. This includes all activities, Sports Leader Certification, all food and tented accommodation.
Maximum numbers: In order to ensure learning outcomes are secured and the courses have maximum impact we have limited the number of participants to 40. This enables us to run 4 groups of 10 participants.
More information: Either go to www.treejumpers.com or phone 01622 870822