Outdoor Learning opportunities should not end at 16! In fact Treejumpers activities can be used to compliment and enrich your course content - making your course more attractive, motivating and beneficial to your students.
College Induction events
Regardless of whether students are enrolled on courses in Construction, Catering, Hair and Beauty, Performance or Creative Arts, Sports, Tourism or Business/IT it is vital that they are given the opportunity to be welcomed to the college community, get to know their peers and develop key life skills in order to set them up for success. You can offer this opportunity through a Team Challenge event either within your own Subject department or as part of a whole college enrolment process.
Sports and Public Services
We already work with a number of colleges to fulfil the requirements of modules within their BTEC and NVQ courses at Level 1, 2 and 3 in Public Services and Sports, Leisure and Tourism including:
- Leading sports and leisure activities
- Sports Leaders UK Courses
- Risks and Hazards in Sport and Leisure Activities - identifying risks and hazards in adventurous activities.
- Adventurous Activities and Teamwork for the Public Services
- Skills for Land Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water Based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Team Leadership
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Planning and Participating in an event
Catering - Wilderness Courses
Ideal for your GCSE or A-level Food Technology or Catering college students, courses available at beginner and intermediate level. Enrich your curriculum and offer a field trip with a difference! Explore unique cooking methods and how to live from the land:
- Hygiene, cleaning and preparation
- Water Purification
- Building a fire to cook
- Open Fire Cooking
- Hangi Oven (Earth Oven)
- Identify edible flora and fauna
- Potji Cooking
- Live Kill Demonstration (optional).
Our skills camps are specifically designed to give your students an opportunity to prepare for their Post-16/18 education or employment. Although the camps still include a variety of our adventurous activities, we also focus on the development of key life skills through work shops and feedback and reflection sessions run in the evenings of the camps.
- UCAS Preparation -
- Developing your personal statement
- Standing out from the crowd
- Oli to add more!
- Preparing for Law or Medical School
- Applying your academic skills out of your comfort zone
- Oli to add more!
- Preparing for Working Life (Employability Skills Certificate)
- Effective communication skills
- Interview techniques
- C.V writing and Application forms
- Translating your transferable skills to an Employer
- Developing Entrepreneurial and Enterprise Skills
- Enterprise Challenge Project - design a product from scratch, build a sales and marketing plan and then sell your idea to our very own Dragons!
- Sports Leaders UK Level 1 and 2.
- Boost your C.V and prove that you have what it takes to lead a team by completing your Level 1 or 2 Sports leaders Award.
We also offer these skills camps during School Holidays - we welcome any opportunity to promote them to your pupils/their parents.